1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Using Alarm in silent/DND mode?

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by noz03, Oct 16, 2017.

1. noz03

noz03 Lurker
    None

Jan 19, 2015
    I am using lollipop and just noticed that the alarm doesn't go off in silent or "do not disturb" mode from the top menu!
    It says to use priority mode, but that is not one of the options (on the top drop down menu).

In the settings I found a section about setting a specific time each day that calls and messages will be silent, but I sleep and wake at different times each day so this doesn't help me.

So how can I stop my phone from ringing or beeping with messages during the night but still have my alarm go off when I want it to?

Advertisement

2. Brian706

Brian706 I like turtles!

Jul 25, 2012
    Drafter
    What device are you using? I just fired up my old Nexus 5 running lollipop to take a look and when I press my volume down key there are 3 options. DND which is a circle with a slash icon, there's priority which is a star icon and then the option to enable sounds.

How I set mine up to silence at night but leave alarms on was to go into settings > sound & notification > interruptions

Make sure everything is off in there. Alarms are always on in this mode automatically. But to enable I just hit the volume down key and tap the star icon.

If you are using a branded device like a Samsung, the options may be a bit different as they run their own launcher but I'd imagine you could at the very least access the option somewhere in the sound/notifications settings.

lunatic59 likes this.
  3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Samsungs dont have modes, but they have custom exceptions:

Attached Files: