1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Using BitPim to transfer your phonebook and contacts.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TDianna, May 5, 2010.

1. TDianna

TDianna Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Computer Geek
    Toms River, NJ
    Way back when I had a LG dare and I used BitPim to transfer my phone book and contacts over and it was simple (even with bluetooth) without using a Google account. So what I am asking is this possible to use BitPim v.1.07?
    Has anyone tried?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. butthead007

butthead007 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    I have to work?
    BITPIM won't work as it is really geared for non-smartphones.

Are you trying to get your contacts onto your device or just looking to backup? Check out an app called lookout for backing up info.

3. smacky

Jan 11, 2010
    I think it's kinda dumb we don't have something similar to what Blackberries have for backing stuff up.

4. scrubs

scrubs Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2010
    I'm not sure what to tell you if you really don't want have your contacts in a google account. I don't know of an easy way to import them. It's a shame that the Verizon backup service doesn't work with Android.

If you're willing to use Google, what I did (previously had an LG vx8350) was sync my old phone contacts to the verizon website contact backup service. Then, export those contacts from the verizon site as a CSV file. Then, in your g-mail contacts, just import the CSV file. I had to clean up a few things, but it really worked fairly well. Then, when my Eris arrived, all my contacts were synced at startup.

5. TDianna

TDianna Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2010
    Computer Geek
    Toms River, NJ
    Just contacts...

6. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    I have a brew phone I switch to sometimes...I am able to sync it with my droid by importing my google calendar/contacts into it. Your phone syncs with your google account so you can go to the site and export them to MS office compatible formats.

7. MOS95B

MOS95B Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    Enterprise Level NAS Tech Support
    Minnesota
    The problem with Sync is you have to be using Outlook or Express. Blech!!
    [​IMG]