1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using Calendar flexibly

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Levoneh, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Levoneh

Levoneh Lurker

I'd like to have all my activites listed in one place, instead of regular daily schedule on paper on my wooden clipboard, things I'm afraid I may forget on my phone with its reminder chime and things I hear of while I'm out and about on my paper pocket calendar. The problem is that, with my daily schedule all laid out in my phone, when I try to delete one item one time to substitute a special event, the screen says "Delete X?//This and future events//All events." If I try to put in the special event by editing the regular one, it says "Details//Change all events in the series//Change this and all future events." Is there some way to put in something I want to do instead of what I usually do at that time? I have a UMX U683CL, whose OS is, I believe, Android Go 8.1.

2. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

The problem is that you have set these up a repeating events, i.e. the same event occurring regularly. That's why it asks you whether you want to change just one event or all of them.

If you want to cancel one of them, just delete that one. Ifyou want to change just one, tell it you just want to edit that one (or delete that one then add a new event). But it has to ask when you change an event on the sequence because it cannot know until you tell it whether you want to change just one or all of the events.

Dannydet likes this.
  3. Levoneh

Levoneh Lurker

LOVE your handle!
    It does not ask me whether I want to change just one event or all of them. It should... It says "Details//Change all events in the series//Change this and all future events." I understand that to mean "Do you want to change all the upcoming events scheduled for this time, or do you want to change all of those plus the ones in this series whose dates have already occurred?" The calendar does keep past scheduled events -- I'm guessing until the whole month is over.

Calendar

Calendar Forum

com.lenovo.calendar_row

READ MORE
Last Updated
Rating
Installs