• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help using connect in mexico

aq_Camus

Lurker
Apr 19, 2014
Hi im new here. First of all sorry for my bad english lol.
I live in Mexico and im about to buy a lg connect, i was reading something about the development in this phone is dead and things like that.
I know this phone only works under metropcs, but im not sure if the phone can be unlocked and be used under an oparator called UNEFON here in mexico using an unefon sim card.
So that is my question, if the phone can be unlocked an be used with a sim card with cdma
:thinking:
Or should i not buy the phone?

Hi im new here. First of all sorry for my bad english lol.
I live in Mexico and im about to buy a lg connect, i was reading something about the development in this phone is dead and things like that.
I know this phone only works under metropcs, but im not sure if the phone can be unlocked and be used under an oparator called UNEFON here in mexico using an unefon sim card.
So that is my question, if the phone can be unlocked an be used with a sim card with cdma
:thinking:
Or should i not buy the phone?

Hi aq_Camus,
No this phone is only a CDMA phone with LTE capabilities. It is not a GSM phone. Some phones that will work in other countries are: LG Optimus L9, LG Optimus F3 (MetroPCS/T-Mobile versions), LG Optimus F6 (MetroPCS/T-Mobile versions), Samsung Galaxy S3 (if MetroPCS, blue only), Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Mini.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones