1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

using droid wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by aaronmach1, Jan 7, 2010.

1. aaronmach1

aaronmach1 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    michigan, usa
    how do i use wifi on my droid? does it automaticly choose the best between wifi or 3g when i get on the net? if im on the net how do i know which one im using (wifi or 3g?) does an icon show which one is in use? Also is wifi better than 3g? thanks!

Advertisement

2. Eugene

Eugene Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Male
    Wifi is typically faster unless your in a public wifi with a lot people on it. It will switch to remembered wifi connections automatically when you come in range with them and the wifi icon will replace the 3g icon.

3. starnesc

starnesc Member

Dec 11, 2009
    IT
    Tallahassee, FL.
    That is my experience at home. The 3G is replaced by the wifi icon and is generally faster.

4. ronjcar

ronjcar Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Air Traffic Controller
    Columbus, Ohio
    I thought I saw a way to turn the wifi on only when it picks up a certain router. Is that true? If so, how do I do it. Also, when I am away from that router will the wifi turn itself off until I am within range of the set wifi?

Just picked up my Droid yesterday, so I am sure questions and searches will be flowing. Thanks in advance.

Ron

5. starnesc

starnesc Member

Dec 11, 2009
    IT
    Tallahassee, FL.
    It cannot pick up a router unless it is on. I would turn it off unless you have a known wifi in range and would like to use it.