1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using External Mic no longer works

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crimson8199, Jun 29, 2013.

1. crimson8199

crimson8199 Lurker

Just last week I was using the S3 to record audio for a podcast and it usually works. I plug in a Logitech headset-mic (I only plug in the mic as there is one for the headphones and the mic). And normally I can just record using the standard voice recorder. Now for some reason it does not want to do that. I have tried using my Plantronics headset-mic as well and it still only records from the phone's built in mic. If I use the headset mic that comes with the phone, that works. I'm just befuddled as I have 2 S3's and they both used to record with external mics and now fail to do so. I don't recall in recent updates or changes made to the phone. Is there a way to specify to use external mics or a more preferred app?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. BCSFF

BCSFF Lurker

I am having a similar issue.

I have a Motorola Droid(the first)

been able to use a y adapter to connect my droid to mixers to integrate callers into podcasts. It's been kinda hit and miss.

But last night I started using a different mixer, its a Digi002 firewire interface for protools. I played around with the ycables forever and was unable to stop the droid from using the onboard mic. I then dugout an RCA video camera cord and used that (the red is the mic) and after a short time of directing the input/output on pro tools i got it to work!

But now it's tonight. and this new cable is giving me the same issue again. I cannot seem to get the droid to take the external mic input.

Anyone?? a mixer app that allowed users to change inputs/outputs on android would be perfect, if only to debug to whatever problem was really happening.

:(

3. BCSFF

BCSFF Lurker

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews