• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Using Flash to develop apps

I want to use Flash CS5 to design some basic interactive files that I can later compile into apps for Android.

1. Will Flash do everything I need to compile these or is Air somehow still necessary to do this?

Thanks.

You do relize that only android 2.2 devices have the ability to use flash (Flash 10.1 beta), right? This greatly limits your potential market.
At any rate, to answer your question, to my knowledge, Adobe air is not yet available for the android platform. Also, I am pretty sure that the only flash applications that android (or at least the android devices capable of running flash in the first place) are flash web applications (at this point in time anyways. That will likely change eventually).

Reactions: stanw
Upvote 0
1.) Only 2.2 will support Flash? It will not available for download to older devices?

2.) My idea/understanding was that from Flash CS5 I could create some multimedia projects using motion graphics and Actionscript 3 and compile it at the end as an Android app. Is this not the way it works?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
1.) Only 2.2 will support Flash? It will not available for download to older devices?

2.) My idea/understanding was that from Flash CS5 I could create some multimedia projects using motion graphics and Actionscript 3 and compile it at the end as an Android app. Is this not the way it works?

Thanks.

1) Flash is only supported by devices running android 2.2

2) How do you plan to compile it as an android app?

Reactions: stanw
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones