• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using gingerbread with Kyocera Rise?

Gh3auxst

Lurker
Jan 29, 2013
Hey everyone, firstly, I'd like to say that this phone, in my opinion, is epic. I love mostly everything about it! I love how it handles, and it works for me. I love this damn thing. However, I do experience these random freeze ups of apps. I have no clue why it does this. It will freeze up, the phone will ask if I want to wait or press ok and then the app crashes. I've already factory reset my phone about 4 times now, but these problems still linger, however I remember with my older phone that had Gingerbread, I didn't have the freeze up issue, so I was wondering if maybe I could downgrade this firmware.

If this is a stupid question, I apologize, I don't really study up on androids, but I like to dabble when it comes to technology >.<

-thanks for reading.

Hey everyone, firstly, I'd like to say that this phone, in my opinion, is epic. I love mostly everything about it! I love how it handles, and it works for me. I love this damn thing. However, I do experience these random freeze ups of apps. I have no clue why it does this. It will freeze up, the phone will ask if I want to wait or press ok and then the app crashes. I've already factory reset my phone about 4 times now, but these problems still linger, however I remember with my older phone that had Gingerbread, I didn't have the freeze up issue, so I was wondering if maybe I could downgrade this firmware.

If this is a stupid question, I apologize, I don't really study up on androids, but I like to dabble when it comes to technology >.<

-thanks for reading.

Currently, no. Kyocera has not released information that will allow us to change the preinstalled version of Ice Cream Sandwich. However, there are a few of us that are trying to break into the phone, so who knows. Maybe it won't be long before this is possible.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones