1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using GNEX for playing music through your car stereo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by djscoe, Apr 25, 2012.

1. djscoe

djscoe Member

My Alpine Stereo is a couple years old but I installed an interface with cable for my iPod Touch and have been playing music from it through my stereo. However, now I would like to use my Gnex to play my music but obviously I can't connect with the iPod cable. I really don't want to use an FM transmitter and can't use a cassette adapter as the stereo doesn't have one. I have a Parrot Bluetooth adapter in the car for hands free but it doesn't allow music to be played through the stereo.

How do others use their Gnex to play music through their car stereo? Does anyone know of an adapter that has USB on one end and an iPod interface on the other? Any help would be appreciated.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Turdbogls

Turdbogls Android Expert

i am not sure if anything like that exists....personally i use a simple 3.5mm headphone connection into my stock unit. usually aftermarket head units have the 3.5mm input jack. so just search for that. if not, they usually have something on the pack of the unit for input. i am sure you can wire something weather it be 3.5mm from the phone directly into the front of the unit...or 3.5mm from the phone to the back of the unit with stereo (red and white) inputs.

djscoe likes this.
  3. djscoe

djscoe Member

Actually I just found the Cablejive dockBoss+. It seems to be what I'm looking for but I just have to figure out if it works with my Alpine. Thanks for your reply.

4. litrekid

litrekid Member

Alpine has a 400-bt unit that works awesome with my phone. Just bought one on eBay. U can find them any where from $60-120 new and used. I assume u have the 250-but.

djscoe likes this.
  5. john30308

john30308 Well-Known Member

djscoe likes this.
  6. djscoe

djscoe Member

Thanks. I'll have to check to see if my head unit has an Aux input like that. It's not evident from the front but may be in the back somewhere.

7. kylecummins

kylecummins Android Expert

Retractable 3.5 cable

djscoe likes this.
  8. Demache

Demache Android Expert

9. Tim K

Tim K Android Expert

Check the back of the stereo for RCA inputs (red/white). If you have them, you can get an 3.5mm headset-to-RCA cable for like $7 and just plug in to the headset jack.

djscoe likes this.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews