• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help using Isopropyl alcohol on the screen

safe answer - i wouldn't use anything petroleum, alcohol or ammonia based on what i believe is a plasticized display - iirc, samsung indicated the capacitive sensors were laminated under a plastic film

besides, what do you expect to get on there that a mild soapy water solution won't clean?

if you've got a screen protector on it, if a water or mild soapy water solution won't clean it, replace the protector

Upvote 0
safe answer - i wouldn't use anything petroleum, alcohol or ammonia based on what i believe is a plasticized display - iirc, samsung indicated the capacitive sensors were laminated under a plastic film

besides, what do you expect to get on there that a mild soapy water solution won't clean?

if you've got a screen protector on it, if a water or mild soapy water solution won't clean it, replace the protector
+1
Yes, better safe than sorry.
a damp cloth or a microfiber cloth is enough. Thats what I used to clean my screen before applying a screen protector.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones