1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using keytones after dialling number not working

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by herc182, Jan 3, 2013.

1. herc182

herc182 Lurker

I have a very irritating problem. I call international numbers and have an "access" number that I call first, THEN I enter the destination number. This is clearly reliant on key tones being recognised.

I have mastered the "Pause" using a comma, but for some damn reason the subsequent tones are NOT registered. So basically I have a dial tone as it doesnt register the number that goes after it.

I am using a samsung galaxy note 2 is its relevant. Weirdly it HAS worked on occasion, but probably fails 80% of the time. Any ideas why key tones are NOT registered so often??

The same numbers worked perfectly on my iphone that I recently got rid of.

thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. blueiceking

blueiceking Lurker

Details to date - (4/4 - 4/15)

Carrier: T-mobile
    Phone: SamSung Galaxy S III
    Model: SGH-T999
    Andriod version: 4.1.1
    Baseband Version: T999UVDLJC

I have called T-Mobile support, they tested on same phone model and it too failed. They said to call Samsung. Samsung tested on T-moblie carrier with same model and it worked. They ask me to clear cache and application data for Phone and Contact application, reboot phone and test. This did not reslove the issue. so I am told to do a complete resett. I have been reviewing that all my data, contacts, applications setting are captured before attempting this. It may be a day or two. I really believe it is a bug with the Contact and or Phone application. I see lots of post dating back to 2010 reporting this issue. My old Samsung dump bar phone worked fine with this feature for years. I had another person test on a differnent model with Version and it worked like a charm. So which is it (Samsung or T-mobile or application Bug?) :mad: