1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General using kies for ace??

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dwaynef91, Sep 23, 2011.

1. dwaynef91

dwaynef91 Lurker
    None

Jun 5, 2011
    Ok guys,

I have had a glaxacy ace for almost 6months now, and samsung kies is wrecking my head. Not only is it badly designed but it doesn't work properly.

1. When i add photos and videos to my phone through Kies they are all saved in my "gallery" all in a folder named "camera". On kies i created different playlists for my videos and photos yet when i sync them to my phone they all end up in one place. Why is this happening? And is there a fix? p.s. kies is useless...

2. Battery life is terrible on the Ace, i am forever downloading different apps to help manage battery life and nothing works. Its on the charge 3times a day, and im not even a heavy user of games, internet, videos etc.
    Is there a possible fix?

3. It takes almost an hour to download the image received via messaging.
    Any fix?

4. When i turn on my packet data for use of facebook, internet etc Google Maps updates itself all the time, never stops! As soon as i turn it on google maps starts to download an update...Seriously, why does it need to do this?? And i can't remove it from the phone :(

Sad to say, really fed up with my Ace..Loved the phone the day i got it but since then, its been all down hill...

Can any1 help me with my queries??

Thanks.
    Dwayne.

Advertisement

2. SashiX

SashiX Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011
    Male
    Spain
    1. Same s%&t here :( Not Kies problem. Perhaps rooting will help.
    2. Turn off things you are not using (i.e. BT, WiFi, 3G while playing games, etc)
    3. Weak signal?
    4. Search for Google Maps in Market and uninstall it.

3. hesho

hesho Lurker
    None

Sep 22, 2011
    i have problem in it also but in updating phone when i start updating IT DOWNLOAD the firmware and when it begin to update the phone error appears

4. praky

praky Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Agreed that Kies sucks.
    1. Why don't you copy files directly on your sd card? Create playlists directly in music player app.
    2. Battery life isn't that good in ace. Try upgrading to GB.
    3. Image recieved as MMS?
    4. Go to market. Turn auto updating off. You might have to do this for each app.