• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using lock button correctly

croftyboy8

Oct 30, 2009
Ladies and Gents,

I thought i might share this with you,

I have never had any issues with the lock button but some of my friends have..

it was only when i witnessed how they were using it that i realised there must be a lot of people doing it wrong and therefore experiencing issues.

my friend was holding down the button until the unlock screen appeared and keeping the button depressed until the phone unlocked,

i think the process works so much quicker if you were to press the unlock button, and then let go. the screen will then light up and you can hold the button down until the phone unlocks.

this is a much more reliable way and gets rid of the seemingly random time it takes for the unlock screen to light up.

sorry if some of you already do this but i know there must be lots of peeps out there who will benefit from this advice.

That's what I was (fearfully) thinking for a while since the phoned never displayed the old locked status screen, but if you hit the back button from the unlock pattern screen it does bring it up. I guess that doesn't really prove anything, but it makes me think its a bit more likely that samsung actually put in a fix to skip over that screen when the unlock button is pressed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones