1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using Nexus charger with Rezound and other questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DoctorDroid, Dec 24, 2011.

1. DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid Lurker

I went to the Verizon store to swap my GNexus for the Rezound. I left the Nexus charger at home and they told me to just use the Gnex charger and that it plugs in just the same so they just kept the Rezound charger.
    I was wondering if there would be anything bad with using the Nexus charger with my Rezound.

Also how long does it take for you guys to fully charge the standard battery? With the Gnexus charger, it went from 60% to 95% in about 1.5hrs and the graph shows it is slowing down charging...

I also bought the extended battery and was wondering if it would mess with my battery meter gauge accuracy if I swapped between the two a lot... I was planning on using the Extended on long trips or days where I know I will be streaming lots of radio or doing a lot of stuff with my phone.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

This is a good question but the answer is not a straightforward yes or no.

Generally it can be ok but the charger cord system contains resistor components that modify the voltage or amps so as to be compatible with the battery or other power circuit components in your phone. The manufacturer adjusts these to be completely compatible with their phone operating specs and circuit characteristics. Sometimes these differences are negligible other times they are significant. Generally I personally feel it is safer to stay with the charger equipment that came with your specific device even though another charger may work or appear to work over the short term.

3. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member

Hmm, the cable is a bit different on the microUSB end and the charger is 5V 1A output on the Rezound. I found other chargers don't work as well.

I would try to get the original one back.

4. DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid Lurker

Ok I'll try and get the original back. How long does it take for you guys to charge your standard batteries?

5. zazan

zazan Android Enthusiast

I have not specifically timed it but from a complete discharge to full charge I'm guessing about 3-4 hours, or so it seems. It is fully charged now but next time I charge it I'll time it just to see.

6. DoctorDroid

DoctorDroid Lurker

could someone tell me the model number and post a picture of their rezound charger? i'm trying to find the right one online. the vzw store was being a pain about it

HTC Rezound Forum

The HTC Rezound release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1620mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews