• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using Outlook Live on Droid 2

trav16

Lurker
Aug 17, 2010
I have successfully set up my yahoo and gmail accounts on my droid 2. I am trying to set up my school's outlook account and for some odd reason it will let me receive push messages but it will not let me send anything giving me an "authentication error"

Select the Menu
Select EMail
Select Add New Account
Enter account information �current PipelineMTuser name@mtmail.mtsu.edu� example: (xyz2a@mtmail.mtsu.edu) and email password.
Incoming mail server settings =
pod51000.outlook.com
port = 993
Security Type = SSL
Outgoing mail server settings =
pod51004.outlook.com
port = 587
Security Type = TLS
Select finish.
Configuring other clients/phones
Here are the settings you will need in order to configure your email program to check MTMail:

Username/Login Name: Username@mtmail.mtsu.edu (all lowercase)
Return Address: Username@mtmail.mtsu.edu
For the incoming and outgoing mail server settings, additional security measures are required, noted in the field below. Most e-mail programs take care of setting the ports for you if you select the right security option in the account setup, though some programs require you to use the "Advanced" account setup to view the security options.

Field You Enter Required Security
Incoming Mail Server (POP) outlook.com Must connect with SSL (port 995)
Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) outlook.com Must connect with SSL (port 993)
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) pod51004.outlook.com Requires authenication. Must connect using TLS

These are the instructions as given by the school to have the email work but its still giving me issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones