• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

using roadrunner email for EVO

reneeb

May 10, 2010
I *guess* this isnt a specific EVO thread but since I'll be using an EVO I thought I would put this here. Hope noone flames me (and I apologize if this truly does not belong here--mods please delete if you need to!)

I currently have a Roadrunner account for email. On my last phone (the Lotus Elite) it had a button specifically for email and I tried to put my RR email account there but it would never let me. I also tried typing the email IP address in the browser but it always said I couldnt access the site on my phone. Is this going to be an issue with the EVO too? I think its a RR issue, not a specific phone issue right? If there is no way around it, is there a way to automatically forward all my RR mail into a different free email account that I can set up somewhere else?

Thanks, Renee

I am not sure but I wouldn't see any reason you couldn't set it up as a POP account type.. even my samsung rant will check my RR account - I just have to have it as a POP :)

I tried doing that, and could never get it to work, at least on my Lotus. Doesnt matter anymore with that phone since I returned it anyways. I hope I can access RR on the EVO, I would hate to have to get a new email account.

Upvote 0
Yeah, setting up a Road Runner account is very simple.

Just click "Mail", "Add Account", Pop Mail Settings ... then type in your e-mail, password and click "Next". First you will need to fill out the POP setting. (Just change the pop address to the proper one), then hit "Next" and do the same for the SMTP setting. Finish, and you are done!

20-30 seconds tops to set up! ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones