1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Using send_command.exe to boot to fastboot?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ScarletRooter, Mar 11, 2016.

1. ScarletRooter

ScarletRooter Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    Okay so this is a question I had regarding the send_command.exe program used with rooting earlier versions of android but perhaps for a different purpose.

One thing that I've noticed thanks to my old LG device before I bought the Stylo; is that you cannot use adb commands to reboot into fastboot or download mode. Even with the LG Flash tool you have to "manually" boot up into it yourself. Well after I got my master lock code from my old carrier I did some tampering with the DIAG setting. I enabled this setting and the device was recognised in ports in device manager... and noticed that the device automatically rebooted into download mode on its own without me needing to press or do anything on the device. Since the LG Flash tool uses adb.exe and send_command.exe to execute commands, could it be possible for someone with their Service code to boot into fastboot using send_command.exe commands from a terminal while the phone is turned on?

Advertisement

2. TMacgnolia

TMacgnolia Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 10, 2015
    Male
    To get to fastboot mode all you have to do is use "adb reboot bootloader" and the device will boot to fastboot mode.

3. ScarletRooter

ScarletRooter Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 14, 2015
    Male
    No, I'm talking about boost mobiles variant! You can't do that command on boost. Sorry I probably should've specified that

Tags: