1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using Skyrocket with car stereo

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by davidgoerndt66, Dec 20, 2011.

1. davidgoerndt66

Is there a way to have the phone broadcast music to the car stereo? A friend at work has a phone that allows him to broadcast his music to one of the FM bands. The function is built in to his phone and I was wondering if there is something similar for the skyrocket. I've found several apps that require a hardware device that will do this. My other alternative would be to hard wire the phone through a accessory jack, but I have an old head unit in my car and I'm not sure if the head unit will take an external source.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Cy1971

Cy1971 Lurker

I use bluetooth to broadcast through my car stereo.
    Combine that with the tunein radio app and I can get radio stations from all over the world.

Of course I could use the music player as well on my phone.

I know this isn't using broadcasting to an fm band but a better alternative if you have a bluetooth stereo.

3. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Extreme Android User

or you can separately purchase an fm transmitting device if your car is not equipped with bluetooth.

Though I have not seen a phone with a built in transmitter I guess it could exist.

fm transmitter - Google Search

4. LineDriver5

LineDriver5 Newbie

I've always wondered why these highend phones don't come with an internal FM transmitter.. seems inexpensive and would be a great feature..

5. BKayrac

BKayrac Well-Known Member

have you ever tried using one that doesn't have the cigarette lighter adapter for power?

don't because they are terrible, you need a strongish signal from them to work reasonably, without an external power source they are complete crap :)

6. Midiman

Midiman Well-Known Member

I assume by "the phone," he meant the Skyrocket... because that's where he posted the query. So, the answer is no. It doesn't have an FM transmitter built in. Hardware accessories may already exist. If they don't, they probably will soon. If there's any way you can hardwire it, you'll get much better sound. I've never been impressed by FM transmitters for things like my iTouch. They are susceptible to a lot of RF interference, especially in an electrical environment like most cars these days.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1850mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews