• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using stock HTC messaging widget with ChompSMS?

mattl2

Lurker
Oct 27, 2011
I have an HTC Droid Incredible 2 and I use Chomp for my messaging, but I love the stock HTC messaging widget. I'm wondering if there is a way to link the HTC messaging widget so that when I click on a thread with a new message, it will take me to Chomp to reply.

I already tried uninstalling Chomp, then going to the phone's app settings to clear all data from the stock messaging app. Then I reinstalled Chomp, put the stock messaging widget back on one of my homescreens, and clicked on one of the conversation threads hoping to see "Which app would you like to open this with?" but it automatically opened the HTC messaging app instead. I read in a few other forums that this would work, but it didn't.

Suggestions? Is this even possible?

Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones