• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using the back button while on the internet doesn't default to the last place you were at...

Pantera72

Apr 10, 2010
The problem - when viewing a webpage such as craigslist, if I click into an ad and then go back to the previous page my location on the previous page always defaults close to the top of the page instead of that last link I clicked. This is a very annoying problem if your a hardcore craigslist junkie like me because you can be you have to scroll back thru all of the ads you looked at just to get back to where you originally were.

I posted about this issue once before but nobody else replied making me think that I was the only one that had it. So after countless weeks of trying to fix the problem using two kinds of soft resets, a hard reset, resets followed by reinstallations of 2.1 ,etc etc, I finally went to a sprint store to get it checked out and the rep had a Hero that did the same damn thing!! Apparently he didn't have a problem with his phone doing this because he just kept giving me some dumb blank stare.

I'm not crazy, 1.5 never had a problem with web pages forgetting their locations when using the back button. Yet I haven't seen anybody else complain about this. Is anybody else able to recreate this problem? One thing to look for, after I reset the phone, reinstalled 2.1 or cleared the internet cache, the phone will do fine for a few minutes, recognizing pages like its supposed to, but after usually 4-6 times of clicking links the phone goes right back to forgetting locations.

I'm sooo sorry I upgraded to 2.1. With 1.5 I had a phone I loved that worked fine and the only problem I had was a laggy phone-book, now I have a phone with a laggy dialer and that doesn't do web pages correctly. BTW, it does this with all browsers, not just the stock browser and Dolphin.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones