1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root Using the Droid X2 on pageplus

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rvarn1, Oct 19, 2011.

1. rvarn1

rvarn1 Well-Known Member

Has anyone used the Droid X2 on page-plus here? I am looking to buy one on eBay for about $250, and I don't use more than page-plus offers(usually) whats your experience? Did you have to do anything special to the Droid x2? Also, what carrier are you using your phone on?
    TIA :D

Advertisement

2. splifmyster

splifmyster Well-Known Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Hey im on Pageplus with DROID x2 and no u don't have to anything to the phone and it good just that data run out to quick

3. OkeeChloe

OkeeChloe Active Member

Apr 21, 2012
    I just activated my x2 on page plus, bought mine off ebay also for $132, $250 seems a little steep unless it comes with extras. The only thing I had to do was a factory reset the previous owners info was still on the phone. You should also get the esn# and make sure it's clean with page plus before you buy.

4. Krischev

Krischev New Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Male
    Middle Georgia
    I am using my Droid X2 on PagePlus. I bought it on eBay used in good condition for 62$ shipped. I get excellent service and the data is fast. Im probably going to be rooting soon because this phone has a tendency to lag to the point of crashing. Its an overall good phone though. Especially for the money.

Posted from my X2

5. Simpsons11

Simpsons11 Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I am on Page Plus with Droid X2. Depending on what plan you are going with, I would root the phone and install droid wall to prevent background data when not on wifi.

$250 are you buying used? I just but a used one for 60 bucks for my mother that was in good shape.

6. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Central NJ
    The OP was probably buying used - almost two years ago - though I'm pretty sure that was on the high side even back then.

7. Simpsons11

Simpsons11 Member

Aug 10, 2010
    I did not even notice how old this post originally was... I just saw it up top and assumed it was new but looks like it was bumped by the poster above me.

8. jmarkjones

jmarkjones New Member

Aug 8, 2013
    I just bought two Motorola Droid x2s off ebay-excellent price ($69 each) refurbs that look like new. Activated on Page Plus...work great. Is there an easy way to stop the phone from using data on 3g and only use Wi-Fi when in range? My daughter has unknowingly used up quite a chunk of her monthly data in just a couple of days. I suspect that it's apps synching and updating when she's out of range-unknown to her. I think we've got it turned off now where they will only synch on wi-fi.

I thought of using an App-killer but I'm seeing that these are sometimes counter-productive?

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

9. themib

themib Well-Known Member

change
    menu>system settings>battery & data manager>
    data saver should be check, if you are trying to limit data usage
    and
    menu>system settings>battery & data manager>data delivery
    uncheck 'data enabled' to disable 3g
    uncheck 'background data' to limit 3g
    note: exact locations may vary

10. Simpsons11