• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help using the HTC Incredible S outside Europe

Hi everybody! I'm wanting to buy an HTC Incredible S, but wanted to if I can us the incredible S in the U.S. even though it's a european phone. and since I'm on verizon would I be able to use a verizon/Vodafone SIM card to use the Incredible S on verizon's network, for calling, texing, mobile network, etc.

Hi everybody! I'm wanting to buy an HTC Incredible S, but wanted to if I can us the incredible S in the U.S. even though it's a european phone. and since I'm on verizon would I be able to use a verizon/Vodafone SIM card to use the Incredible S on verizon's network, for calling, texing, mobile network, etc.

The Verizon network in the US is a CDMA network and does not use the GSM SIM slot, so you would not be able to run a European IncS on Verizon. You could however use it with either an AT&T SIM or T-Mobile SIM for voice calls. Depending on the frequencies, you may also get 3G data access with a T-Mobile SIM, however on AT&T you would only get 2G/EDGE data speeds.

Upvote 0
The Verizon network in the US is a CDMA network and does not use the GSM SIM slot, so you would not be able to run a European IncS on Verizon. You could however use it with either an AT&T SIM or T-Mobile SIM for voice calls. Depending on the frequencies, you may also get 3G data access with a T-Mobile SIM, however on AT&T you would only get 2G/EDGE data speeds.

Yes but Verizon has a few phones including the incredible 2 that use SIM cards & have GSM radios. So why would you tell Verizon dosen't have these features?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones