1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using the micro USB input for charging and external keyboard at the same time?

Discussion in 'Music & Media' started by android5001, Nov 2, 2014.

1. android5001

android5001 Lurker

Hi

My tablet has one mini HDMI and one micro USB input port.

I connected the tablet to my flat screen TV since I had dropped it once and the display cracked and the touch screen does not work anymore. The internal electronics work fine, though.

So I connected an external USB dongle for my wireless mouse and keyboard. The problem is that the table has a weak battery by design, so I have to charge it every hour and disconnect the keyboard and hook up the charger. That sucks. It is a nice quadcore and I don't want to throw it away.

I am wondering: Would it be possible to connect the micro USB port to some kind of hub and connect charger and external keyboard and mouse at the same time or would the tablet blow up? Sorry, if this is a stupid question. Anybody has a solution to my problem?

If anybody has a cool idea, please post a link to the product that could help me.

Thank you in advance.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Not quite answering your question... but a bluetooth mouse and keyboard might allow you to skip using the usb port for your devices, and free up the charging port....

3. android5001

android5001 Lurker

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I know. I was thinking about buying a bluetooth set but since I have to wireless keyboard and mouse set I wanted to use one of them and not trash them.

4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

If you got a USB wireless dongle plugged in, USB OTG, it's become a host device, like a PC. Which means it's supplying power to the USB dongle and not taking it, and so not charging. No way to change that I think.

psionandy likes this.