• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Using the stock launcher with themes?

A

akkkmed

I like the stock launcher the best, along with the Motorola widgets. Well actually, I just need the quick tasks for contacts, which is why I want the widgets.

When I apply themes, is there any way to keep the stock launcher instead of the preinstalled ADW or LP? And if so, will this allow me to use the Moto widgets? Or are these widgets/Blur part of something else?

Thanks! And sorry if this isn't very clear. Basically, theme+contact widgets+stock launcher=me happy.

I dont think a theme cares if your on a home launcher or not (LP or ADW) so you should be fine to use whichever theme youd like. just make sure you deodex before trying to apply a theme.
But I dont think themes come with different launchers..... "ROMs" might though, IDK
also, I know you can still use the blur contact widget in LP+... I just put it on my home screen to double check. LP+ gives you the option to resize the widget like the stock launcher does. just food for thought.

Upvote 0
I dont think a theme cares if your on a home launcher or not (LP or ADW) so you should be fine to use whichever theme youd like. just make sure you deodex before trying to apply a theme.
But I dont think themes come with different launchers..... "ROMs" might though, IDK
also, I know you can still use the blur contact widget in LP+... I just put it on my home screen to double check. LP+ gives you the option to resize the widget like the stock launcher does. just food for thought.

Thanks. I had LP+ before and just tried it again. When using LP+ and I try to resize a contact widget, it won't let me. Like I long press the widget to resize, but it doesn't show the ability to.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones