• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using the Trackball to easily rollover and select links

A common complaint with the HTC Hero is that it's hard to click small links with your finger or some links near the edge of the screen.

However, the trackball is the solution to rollover links quickly, just click on the trackball to select/click that link.

Coming from a Blackberry, and being being seduced by the touchscreen, I forgot to even use the ball. Once my brain started working again, I used the tools given to me and, yes, it works a treat.

Upvote 0
i love the trackball as well! When I switched from my omnia to the Pre, I missed being able to scroll over a link with the optical pad. Once I swapped the Pre out for the Hero, I couldn't wait to use the trackball again! Woo Hoo! There is some room for improvement as some have mentioned, but overall it is VERY usable!

Chris

Upvote 0
Ive been using my finger to try and go back and correct a word like on the Instinct. Never thought to use the trackball. Awesome.

Likewise, I was still in iPod Touch mode. Of course, they sometimes have the magnifying glass to position the cursur.

There are many useful attributes of the trackball.

When in doubt, trackball it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones