• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

USING USB CORD TO TRANSFER TO TABLET.

i don't have direct internet access. i have and old dell computer at home, i take my 4.4 android down to public wi-fi to surf and download. i then take it home to transfer to my PC and my USBs for permanent storage. i then delete and clear the tablet for memory.

how do i reverse the process? specifically for email. i have the gmail app that come on the tablet. the virtual keyboard is fine for short messages-"thanks, good idea", but i have lengthy letters and documents i have written on my home device.

i use NOTEPAD, when i try to send it to my android, nothing happens. i can't seem to SEND, COPY, or CUT&PASTE.
why can't i store it on CLIPBOARD, SD CARD, or SAVE TO DRIVE?

1 to what, if any, file do i send it? and how?
2 how do i then access it?
3 how can i load it into the "message" section of an email?

is there another app i could get that would make the process more-or-less automatic? my tech skills are very limited, so i need one that makes it as easy as possible rather then one with all the bells and whistles.

thanks, BA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tend to agree that virtual keyboards aren't very handy when it comes to long, detailed writing. When you're at the library, perhaps using a Bluetooth keyboard with your tablet will suffice? That way you can have a full-sized keyboard with actual, tactile keys.

As for syncing your Google account services between your tablet and home PC, without online connectivity that's going to be a problem. Where are you located? If in the U.S. and budget is a factor, when you're at the library take a look at this database for cheap and free ISP services:
http://www.all-free-isp.com/

Reactions: KBU2
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones