• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using USB Host on Xoom

gamul1

Android Enthusiast
Apr 24, 2010
I am trying to figure out the full usage of USB host on the Xoom.

I bought this OTG cable off Amazon initially to try and install the new ICS version of the software. (I ended up getting the OTA this morning so its a moot point now)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GGBYJ4/ref=oh_o01_s00_i00_details

Lots of people in the reviews of that product talk about having used it successfully on their Xoom so I feel pretty good I got the right cable.

However, I do not seem able to see my USB Flash drive that I plug in. When I plug it in the light on the flash drive lights up indicating it is getting connected.

But where do I go to see the drive and its contents? I tried using a couple different file browsers like File Manager HD and can not find anything.

I also tried to follow the instructions for installing ICS by booting int othe recovery menu of Android and selecting to update via USB, but it does not see my USB drive.

What am I missing here to get this to work? I am not rooted, am I supposed to be?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones