• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using Voice while Driving

rickaltman

Apr 13, 2010
I think Google voice recognition is the single greatest feature of any smartphone on the market today. So accurate and so quick. However, I am unable to use it when I would want to the most: while driving. When my phone is connected to my car's Bluetooth system, Google Voice fails to initialize. As soon as I turn off Bluetooth, it activates.

Why is that and what can I do to defeat this behavior or work around it? I want to be able to speak to my phone AND connect it to my car via Bluetooth.

Many thanks...

Had this same issue myself. I usually use a BT Speakerphone on my visor and I've just come to understand that it isn't gonna work. I don't know if newer units are better with it, since mine is a couple years old. I had a newer one, but can't remember where I put it lol. If you find a good solution though, lemme know.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones