1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Using whatever contact name you'd want as primary (no Twitter/Facebook account name)

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Shiuko, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Shiuko

Shiuko Lurker
    None

This works for me, (on Dell Streak5 2.2.2 official ROM) I can't guarantee that it'll work for you, but I can guarantee that it's worth a try. :D

Separate all of the different accounts linked to the main contact and then go to edit (from the main contact as this is the name that you want to use) go to join and join then one by one to the main contact.

Alternatively, create a new contact with the name that you'd want to be used and input a phone number as it won't save it otherwise.
    Once it's done, go to edit contact (this same contact that you have just created )and then go to join and join then all together one by one always starting from the number that you'd want to use as your identifier.

I hope that my instructions are clear enough for you all to follow, if not, ask away and I'll try to make myself more clear.

It's all clear in my head, but English is my second language (I'm Spanish) so it's slightly more difficult to put it into words.

Advertisement