• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Using wifi tether for XBL and PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

slider6996

Aug 26, 2011
Temple Texas
Hey guys, got question hope u can help with, i just moved back to tx and currently have a bit of a issue when i left with my ISP so it might be several weeks before i get real net back so my question is, is there anyway to use barnacle wifi tether to get on XBL or PS3's network? I did read somewhere u can if u have the wireless reciever for xbox 360 but sadly i dont so i been googling bout how to use ur laptop with a ethernet cable to hook up to the xbox since my laptop has net through MT and barnacle.

Im planning on trying some other things ive read on this thread bout tethering but there not directly related to what i want but if anyone has any info or even a link providing how to do this by using ur laptop and using MT 3g through the laptop i would muchly appreicate it, i dont plan on playing games btw, i just wanna be able to talk to my friends on my friends list i have on there and the main main reason is since alot of my games have downloaded content i cant play cuz i get that weird error cuz im not connected to net, which if i had redownloaded them after i assisned my xbox as the w/e i had to before when i got a new xbox but ya, again any help i would appreciate, ty : )

EDIT: Oh and also the ps3 has a built in wifi btw i believe since i use my ps3 to connect to it and i notice barnacle dont even show up nor on the psps network :/

ya thats why i said its not for playing any games online, like i have alot of DLC for my games and they wont work unless the xbox detects a internet signal, otherwise it says DLC corrupted. So im not doing it to play games, just mainly that reason and updates and to chat with friends ect ect, so just looking for info on that, idc bout playing games online this way, just being able to play my DLC.

Upvote 0
ya thats why i said its not for playing any games online, like i have alot of DLC for my games and they wont work unless the xbox detects a internet signal, otherwise it says DLC corrupted. So im not doing it to play games, just mainly that reason and updates and to chat with friends ect ect, so just looking for info on that, idc bout playing games online this way, just being able to play my DLC.

Then it should work. The Xbox wifi adapters cheap are super cheap. Try gamestop.

Upvote 0
hmm ya its ad hoc and not infrastructure, not to smart on that but i did read little bit bout it and it seems i need one that uses infrastructure but at the same time...i do recall somewhere on this forum that a guy was thanking someone for something and said he was happy he could get on xbl now but iim assuming he has the wireless adapter but i dont get why it wont show up on the ps3 or psp unless im just missing a setup or something so who knows, but thanks for the info so far, appreciate it :)

Upvote 0
u know i totally forgot bout the new model having built in wifi..i just assumed he had a wireless adapter..mine is the old fat model, its the elite but still no built in wifi but ya i didnt even think bout that, but its not a biggy really, ill eventually get my ISP back, was just looking for temp solution for the DLC not loading without any net.

Upvote 0
Like ANYONE cares about the TOS. Thanks for spreading the message, but... no one cares.

Actually that's incorrect. The owner and admin of Android Forums care very much, as in theory the site could be seen to be advocating that users breach their carrier's ToS (which forms part of a legally-binding contract) and thus liable to legal action. It's a bit of an unknown "grey area" but is something that is being discussed "upstairs". Rob and Phases have no desire to see AF become a test case for some corporate legal hotshot out to make a name for him/herself. ;)

The question appears to have been answered satisfactorily, so the topic can be closed.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones