1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Using Windows Phone as an Ex-Android User

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Mosov, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Mosov

Mosov Lurker

So I recently bought the Nokia Lumia 920, windows phone, after 2 years of using the HTC Aria a nice phone, though became a bit slow and was too small. The Nokia phone is great in terms of design, specs and design. I was convinced to buy the Galaxy S3 because I really liked Android and Google in general, until I was wowed with the design of the windows phone and the nice specs (+100 dollars cheaper).

A few things about the OS.

-Apps, Apps, Apps. Windows phone is greatly lacking in apps. This is something it needs to work on. I miss the abundance of apps with android.

-Google Maps. Simply the best. Has more info than nokia maps. I miss it.
    -Gmail/Gdocs integration is not seamless at all. I use gdocs a lot for collaboration.
    -Would like a dedicated google+ app.
    -I like the tiles a lot, but I kind of miss the nice widgets.

Just some of my thoughts as an ex-android user (though I still use google products).

Rxpert83 and Mostly Harmless like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Android Expert

Thanks for sharing! I always enjoy hearing honest experiences when using another OS. How are the Windows Phones in terms of flow? Does one experience lead you into another (ex: in Google maps if you search a restaurant usually it will give you their website, menu, reviews etc...)?

3. Mosov

Mosov Lurker

The flow is pretty good. But Google maps had better flow, just because had more info and features.

4. fdbryant3

fdbryant3 Android Expert

I'm one of the few who actually liked Windows Mobile back in the day (which has no bearing on anything just thought I'd mention it). I think I'd like to switch to a Windows Phone but currently they are not on my carriers of choice (yet). Oh well perhaps next time around.

5. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Always good to hear about others experiences with the other Smart phone OS's out there.

You know the app UCCW Ultimate Widget Creator can create live tile widgets that work like the Windows ones. I know i have done it and it looks pretty neat :)