• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Using WYSIWYG text editor on website

I currently have an HTC Hero and I'm due for an upgrade. I take classes through an online university whose classroom interface utilizes WYSIWYG text editors much like the one I'm using to post this message on this forum from my laptop. My wife's iPhone4 will cooperate with these text editors with no problem but my Hero won't even allow me to select the box nor will the Samsung Galaxy 2 that I just played with at the Sprint store.

I'd like to stay on Android but need to have the ability to work from my phone. Does anyone know any work arounds to be able to use the text editors on the Android platform - different browser? anything else (Note: I was using both the stock and Dolphin browsers but no luck)

Opera was a good suggestion and I had tried it. Opera does allow you to select the text box and enter text. However, when you post it, it returns just the html source code and not the text you entered. Internet seems to suggest that Opera is not equipped to handle these WYSIWYG text editors (FCKeditor based I'm assuming).

Anyone else with experience with these?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones