1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Using WYSIWYG text editor on website

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by gravitykiller, Jan 7, 2012.

1. gravitykiller

gravitykiller Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    I currently have an HTC Hero and I'm due for an upgrade. I take classes through an online university whose classroom interface utilizes WYSIWYG text editors much like the one I'm using to post this message on this forum from my laptop. My wife's iPhone4 will cooperate with these text editors with no problem but my Hero won't even allow me to select the box nor will the Samsung Galaxy 2 that I just played with at the Sprint store.

I'd like to stay on Android but need to have the ability to work from my phone. Does anyone know any work arounds to be able to use the text editors on the Android platform - different browser? anything else (Note: I was using both the stock and Dolphin browsers but no luck)

Advertisement

2. darkuni

darkuni Android Enthusiast
    None

Try Opera. Where stock/other browsers fail, Opera usually takes care of business.

3. gravitykiller

gravitykiller Lurker
    None

Mar 11, 2010
    Opera was a good suggestion and I had tried it. Opera does allow you to select the text box and enter text. However, when you post it, it returns just the html source code and not the text you entered. Internet seems to suggest that Opera is not equipped to handle these WYSIWYG text editors (FCKeditor based I'm assuming).

Anyone else with experience with these?

4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon
    VIP Member
    None

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
  5. indybail

indybail Well-Known Member
    None

If you have the laptop and wifi access is a problem then try Easytether to access the internet through you phone.

I wouldn't give the usability of the laptop if you don't have to.