1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Using xtrSense 501, cant add contact specific ringtones...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by heyjoojoo, Jan 7, 2012.

1. heyjoojoo

heyjoojoo Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 23, 2010
    I'm trying to add a unique ringtone to text messages that come from a specific user. But for some reason, the default ringtone keeps overriding the one I chose. Any suggestions?

I receive text messages from the USGS Earthquake Monitoring Center and I want my created "quake alert" mp3 to sound when messages come from them. I already created a contact called "Earthquake Alert" with the matching phone number that sends the text but the default ringtone still sounds when a message is received. What am I doing wrong.

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert
    None

Jan 7, 2010
    Do you have these custom ringtones is a folder called /ringtones on your SD card?

Honestly, I never do custom contact ringtones myself, so it's hard for me to diagnose. Lots of people complain about this on all versions of Android from all manufacturers, from what I have seen, so it's not just an Eris problem.

What I sometimes wonder is if it is caused by a sync issue with Google contacts. If this contact is a Google contact, try setting up a phone contact - which will not sync - and see if that's more stable.

3. heyjoojoo

heyjoojoo Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 23, 2010
    Yeah, I have my custom ringtones and notifications in ringtones and notification folders... Funny, it used to work fine. I recall reading that it may be a google/facebook issue.