• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

usps shipping unbelievable!

Skyroket

Android Enthusiast
May 25, 2012
maybe i'm overreacting but please post your thoughts on whats happening.

Sent a package paid for next day delivery on Sunday.. the receipt says estimated delivery January 15th. Charged me $40 and my package isn't delivered yet. The tracking said left sorting facility on January 14th and haven't moved since :mad:

Reactions: unnamedny
That's a bummer. I rarely pay for fast shipping. Out of the maybe 5 times I've paid for two-day or overnight shipping, it's came on time once. Really irritating when you pay high prices for that shipping and it doesn't get there. I feel your pain.

Personally with how long it's taking, I would demand they refund the shipping...

Upvote 0
at this point i just don't care how much i paid. I just want it to be delivered! Called them and that what they said. " + 5 days from actual shipping date" that's what they call 'Next day shipping"

Unbelievable... first time happened to me! Was actually pretty ok with them/ Maybe it's because i've sent $500 + worth of goodies? did they Stole it at sorting facilities ?

Upvote 0
maybe i'm overreacting but please post your thoughts on whats happening.

Sent a package paid for next day delivery on Sunday.. the receipt says estimated delivery January 15th. Charged me $40 and my package isn't delivered yet. The tracking said left sorting facility on January 14th and haven't moved since :mad:
I'm sorry to hear that ... I know how annoyed, angry, and disappointed you must feel right about now.

My thoughts on this is .... they do a lousy job when it comes to these sort of delivery. I know you aren't concern about the money spent, but you have to show them that they just can't do this sort of thing -- demand them to refund the portion of the money for the express delivery, and only charge you for regular. It's not the money (sometimes), its the principle of business.

Tip: Never used USPS express delivery. It just doesn't worth paying for. I could've told you this if you'd asked. ;)

FedEx and UPS are more reliable when it comes to express delivery. I know, I use them all the time.

Upvote 0
I failed to mention what I got in the mail:

images

The sad lot of a moderator.

Reactions: Deleted User
Upvote 0
I always have terrible luck with USPS.

They shipped my Gnex from Tennessee to Minnesota via USPS. They decided the quickest way (straight north) was over to Massachusetts first.

Phone arrived 3 days late.

It also doesn't help that they didnt update tracking information at all. Whats the point of Priority shipping when they don't update it for 3 days till its delivered?

Upvote 0
You know, the usps has always been slow for me when its shipping a package, but I got free 2 day shipping from amazon for 2 items, one shipped through ups, the other from usps. Usps delivered a day earlier than expected!

but ups still hasn't gotten here yet, although its the expected delivery day, I am left puzzled, how is this two day shipping?? I placed the order on Friday, it had an origin scan and a departure scan that day along with an arrival scan. Being it actually left the first facility I consider that day 1.
Next day consisted of 2 departures and 2 arrivals. Even though its a Saturday.. since it moved I consider that day 2
Sunday, the next day there was nothing so I don't count it.
Monday, 2 departures and 2 arrivals - day 3
Today (Tuesday) Departure, arrival, and an out for delivery... 4 day shipping not two.

The one time I ordered over night shipping, I litteraly got my package the very next day, I was expecting it to be the day after

If they don't consider that Saturday is part of it why move it? it still would have been 3 day.

So for once USPS has prevailed over UPS.. so for once i am pleased with usps package shipping. They are very good with shipping letters haha..

Upvote 0
I do most of my shopping on Amazon and have Prime, and I seldom if ever have any shipping issues (Amazon has the best customer service ever). The problem that I do have is that they (UPS, USPS, or who ever delivers) never knock on the door when they deliver packages. They always toss the packages on the front porch and I have to rely on Google Now to tell me that it's sitting there. Very annoying!

Upvote 0
I had a package coming one time though FedEx that was 2nd day air delivery. Scheduled delivery day was a Friday, they put it on the wrong truck (a whole other, ongoing, drama my parents STILL deal with) then refused to put it on a truck for delivery the next day - despite them screwing up - because it didn't have a sticker for Saturday delivery.

Just yesterday, I had an Otterbox item on the way through FedEx SmartPost (FedEx part of the way, USPS to my door), Monday was a delivery exception and a note to visit the local PO for the package. I checked early in the day yesterday and saw the status hadn't changed. Stopped by the PO on my way home from work and they said it was delivered to my door.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones