1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Utorrent Remote - where are the files stored?

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by donkeyrattle, Feb 20, 2011.

1. donkeyrattle

donkeyrattle Member
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Does anyone know where the local files are stored once you transfer them to the phone? There is a directory on my sd card called "Utorrent Downloads" but the files do not seem to be there?

Advertisement

2. donkeyrattle

donkeyrattle Member
    None

Jul 6, 2010
  3. Stupifier

Stupifier Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    Are you talking about uTorrentRemote app? The one that works with uTorrent 3.0 Alpha?

If so, I tested and downloaded a .jpg. The file was found a /sdcard/uTorrentDownloads/Files.

Make sure you are downloading the file correctly. Once download is successful, do a search for the file name on your SD Card using Astro or Estrong file explorer (or whatever you use). It should be in the default location above though....that is where my file was saved to by default.

4. donkeyrattle

donkeyrattle Member
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Yes, I am referring to the UtorrentRemote app.

In the directory you referred to, did your file become present there immediately after downloading or after you told it to transfer to your phone?

I had some files that were present in the directory you stated but not all of them. Also, once I moved them out of there to another directory (they were .mp3s) my music app could not find/play them.

5. Stupifier

Stupifier Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 9, 2010
    I had to actively tell the uTorrent Remote app to download the specific files I wanted. Once I told it to send the file to the phone...there was a progress bar or something like that.....and it finished.

6. donkeyrattle

donkeyrattle Member
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    I think I figured it out. If you try to send more than one file at a time to your phonethe files will save rather than download. Although it says they save they are nowhere to be found. Each additional file will have the same issue unless you refresh the torrent itself from within the app

7. pointblank75

pointblank75 Lurker
    None

Jun 30, 2011
    How do you "refresh"? I have quite a few items in my "local files" and I can't access them. Thanks!