1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Utorrent speed dramatically decreases after few minutes.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by ZerefDragneel, Jun 29, 2016.

1. ZerefDragneel

ZerefDragneel Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2016
    Male
    The title says it all. It starts downloading at about 500kbs but decreases to as low as 10kbs and even if i restart my phone or utorrent, it is the same or heck even lower! I have tried reinstalling the app but the results are same and i even changed devices. This is the same for every torrent i download with good seed to leech ratio. Please help me because I'm literally pissed and can't come up with any solution. This started happening about a week ago. Thanks in advance. And yes my phone is rooted (not that it matters)

Advertisement

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Torrent downloads are sometimes throttled by certain ISPs. Is it always happening or at like during peak times or something? Is regular cable broadband, or wireless cellular, and who is your provider?

svim and ZerefDragneel like this.
  3. ZerefDragneel

ZerefDragneel Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2016
    Male
    Like i said, it recently started happening. Not during peak times or anything but always. And I use wifi. My provider is Subisu from NP. Hope that clears things out. Sorry if it did not. I'm not really that good in these technical stuffs.

mikedt likes this.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Could be something they've recently started doing, and it has been known that some ISPs can and do throttle bittorrent. In the UK, the major ISPs like BT and Sky, block access to most torrent tracker sites completely. I presume services like streamed Youtube are still OK and not buffering, for HD and things

Bittorrent can actually be quite bandwidth intensive, and my internet is provided by the school. Me and about 30 other expats use it, and we've been asked to lay off bittorrent during the day, or at least set our torrent clients, like Transmission, not to use the whole bandwidth for when they need the bandwidth for real academic purposes, when students are present. This is in China, and we like our TV and movies in English and uncensored..... :thumbsupdroid:
    https://www.lostlaowai.com/guides/basics/watching-english-tv-china-online-free/

#4 mikedt, Jun 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2016
  5. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    You could try Cloud VPN free unlimited from the play store and see if that may help. Connect using a different country.

mikedt likes this.
  6. ZerefDragneel

ZerefDragneel Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2016
    Male
    Sorry but it said using apps like utorrent is restricted and doing so again will get me banned. Any other tips? Thanks though

7. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
    Don't use torrents. Google alternative sites for downloading rar or zip files

8. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    I can't comment on using torrent apps on a phone but if you use a desktop application on a computer maybe these tips might help. Dig into your torrent application's Settings.
    1 - Enable 'Protocol Encryption'. It's much, much harder for ISPs to throttle encrypted BitTorrent traffic.
    2 - Change your torrent application to use a proxy IP. That way torrents are tied to an IP other than the IP your account is using. Here's a listing of free IPs but I don't see any specifically for Nepal. Of course you can use any one you want but note there could be a speed hit to consider, and not all of them are dependable.
    http://proxylist.hidemyass.com/
    3 - (If you use a firewall and use port-forwarding, ignore this) Use a different port. Your torrent application will probably be using a port in the 6800-6900's or use auto-select but in that range. A lot of ISP's throttle traffic in that range specifically because of torrenting. Try using a port above 10000.

Bg260 and mikedt like this.
  9. ZerefDragneel

ZerefDragneel Lurker
    None

Jun 29, 2016
    Male
    Thanks will do :) But i would rather have the problem solved in my phone.

10. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Sep 22, 2010
    Teachaaa
    Jinan, China
    Using a VPN shouldn't get you banned, the whole idea of a VPN is to provide a secure encrypted tunnel through your ISP or whatever else, like open WiFi. If you got torrents going via a VPN, provided it's secure, your ISP won't know you're doing it, and won't be able to throttle it. I use a VPN myself, so the PRC govt and China Unicom can't monitor or block what I'm doing online.

Bittorrent does have legitimate and legal uses, e.g. obtaining Linux distros, certain podcasts, etc. but the ISPs etc, assume you're only using it to steal movies, TV shows and music, i.e. infringing copyright.

#10 mikedt, Jun 30, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2016
    AZgl1500 and Dannydet like this.
  11. kristmitche86

kristmitche86 Newbie
    None

May 22, 2016
    Female
    Using a VPN shouldn't get you banned, VPN provides a secure encrypted tunnel through your ISP. If you download torrents via a VPN, it's secure, your ISP doesn't know anything you are doing over the internet. I use a VPN which was chosen from the list of VPNlogics. ISP cannot monitor the activities what I'm doing online.