• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root v1.1 up for testing ***Umph Kernelv1 Now With Oddball***

Is it possible that OC is breaking it?
an unoverclockable processor?! im gunna go cry myself to sleep..makes me sad cuz i think ur right..motorola jerks. alright i lied one more update im gunna include all the mods and govs and UV it but not OC it and if it boots ill put it in the OP til someone can figure out a way to OC it and if it doesnt boot, ill continue tomarrow cuz its 3:20 am lol

Upvote 0
last test for the night cross ur fingers! Twisted-Triumph-Kernelv1_test8.zip everything thats said in the OP, minus the OC and the UC, and i didnt know what this phone would be stable at so i just did a 100mv UV, my shift can do a 150mv and my old transform could do a 75 so i figured 100 would be good enough for now, maybe an experimental more UV version later if this one works, and if it doesnt boot, it means 1 of 2 things, something i edited is wrong, or its the UV and not the OC

Upvote 0
ok then..now to determine weather its what im doing to it or if its me touching the cpuclock7x30.c..Twisted-Triumph-Kernelv1_test9.zip
Twisted-Triumph-Kernelv1_test10.zip
lemme know if either work and which one
sort of thinking it might be the cpuclock..all the failed tests had that in common, this should tell tho, one has all the mods but the stock acpuclock and the other is complete stock with just the UV cpuclock

Upvote 0
No oc.

According to phonearena, the Triumph has snapdragon Msm8655 which is the same proc as the htc thunderbolt. Would it be beneficial to compare clock tables and voltages there?

Edit: sorry if this is not helpful, and is backseat driving. Just thought there could be clues elsewhere. I appreciate you working on this especially if you don't have the MT.

Reactions: ziggy46
Upvote 0
No oc.

According to phonearena, the Triumph has snapdragon Msm8655 which is the same proc as the htc thunderbolt. Would it be beneficial to compare clock tables and voltages there?

Edit: sorry if this is not helpful, and is backseat driving. Just thought there could be clues elsewhere. I appreciate you working on this especially if you don't have the MT.

Ok, 10 is all stock but undervoled by 100mv, and ok now I'm real confused on what the processor is..in board selection in the kernel config there's 7x30 and 8655 and in a config pulled from the stock kernel they're all selected, but the acpu config is 7x30. Somewhere I read it was a scorpion 7x30 but I guess that was wrong. I'm out shopping right now but when I get home ill download a tb kernel source and check it out. In the meantime for those that flashed 10 I think I heard somewhere there was an app on the market that let's u see ur voltages for ur processor, if its on the market or something like it can someone check the voltages to see if it even undervolted? Its a 100mv drop so the first 4 clocks r gunna be like 800mv

Hmm..thought, is it possible the governors could be preventing it from booting? There was a test with OC UV and the governors but it didn't boot, the cpu table was the same as the shifts which is a 7x30. Ok..so so far where I'm at is, the govs were in each test except the ones that booted, complete stock with UV boots, maybe it is the govs..when I get home I'm gunna take test10 that booted and just add the govs, if it doesn't boot, then I think we've found the problem and ill take em out and try adding an oc step to the table and go from there

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Test 15 is a no go. Stuck at logo
ok im sorry guys but i dont think i can do this OC..im gunna start making tests now without OC, UV and the govs for sure work because test 11 booted, im gunna start putting all the mods and tweaks in like one section at a time and we can get a good kernel going just minus OC til someone more knowledgable figures it out

Upvote 0
ok im sorry guys but i dont think i can do this OC..im gunna start making tests now without OC, UV and the govs for sure work because test 11 booted, im gunna start putting all the mods and tweaks in like one section at a time and we can get a good kernel going just minus OC til someone more knowledgable figures it out

hey go on irc and talk to dodgejcr from sdx.... he knows quite alot about kernels too, also dcd, and one_love might even also

EDIT: also have you tried just oc, not any other mods?

Upvote 0

I'm probably in the minority here, but that's totally fine with me. Although it would be great to OC (or have the option once in a while), I am stoked that UV works since that should help the battery life out a bit. Plus the other tweaks (hopefully) are just gravy. Thanks again for the time you're putting into this.

BTW, I never did find that app you mentioned a few posts back that could tell your voltages. Do you know what it was called?

Upvote 0
hey go on irc and talk to dodgejcr from sdx.... he knows quite alot about kernels too, also dcd, and one_love might even also

EDIT: also have you tried just oc, not any other mods?
yea i gave that a shot, and ill hit them up but ive been working on this like nonstop for 2 days now and i think im gunna do like i said and just do all i can except OC and take a break for a day or so cuz i dont wanna end up getting aggrevated and just saying screw it i cant do it but thanks for the reccomended people to talk to, also ill probably hit up scaryghoul and i cant think of his name but he makes the tiamat kernels

Upvote 0
I'm probably in the minority here, but that's totally fine with me. Although it would be great to OC (or have the option once in a while), I am stoked that UV works since that should help the battery life out a bit. Plus the other tweaks (hopefully) are just gravy. Thanks again for the time you're putting into this.

BTW, I never did find that app you mentioned a few posts back that could tell your voltages. Do you know what it was called?
oh sorry [MOD] IncrediControl - Easy GUI Undervolting - xda-developers this is what i was thinking of i dont know if itl work on the triumph but im almost positive the UV is working. also i like scaryghouls idea of a stable UV and a scary UV kernel and maybe ill do something like that later on when this gets good and working

Upvote 0

i agree, i can wait for the OC. :D im just glad the he took his time and made us a kernel

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones