• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root v1.1 up for testing ***Umph Kernelv1 Now With Oddball***

ok 15 the only thing i changed was the UV, his acpu file was setup real weird and idk what else to do to UV it, gunna put 14 in the OP looks like this is as far as we r gunna get for now, wait, one more test, gunna try doing the edit i did in 16 but without the UV and see if it boots, if it does then yay we have a RC if not then yay we have an RC :p Tobenamed-Kernel_test17.zip

I still cannot get 14 to go on my after several downloads... the old twisted kernel 11 works like gangbusters but mine will not take the new working one :-(

Upvote 0
ok 15 the only thing i changed was the UV, his acpu file was setup real weird and idk what else to do to UV it, gunna put 14 in the OP looks like this is as far as we r gunna get for now, wait, one more test, gunna try doing the edit i did in 16 but without the UV and see if it boots, if it does then yay we have a RC if not then yay we have an RC :p Tobenamed-Kernel_test17.zip

Test 17 won't boot either. So test 14 is the last working one for me.

Upvote 0
Ok, so I am about to try this, do we need setCPU or something to set it?
to change cpu clock values or governors yes, also i dont know if it will work on this phone but theres a great alternative and its free its called "nofrills" no quotes and its in the market (if nofrills works on this phone let me know and ill put it in the OP)

Upvote 0
I know this isn't related to this kernel because I had this under stock too, but does anyone else's freq's go back to default (ondemand 245/1024) on occasion using SetCPU? It's frustrating when I set it to OC then I check it 5 minutes later and it's back to default. Maybe I'll try nofrills and see if it acts any differently.

Upvote 0
I know this isn't related to this kernel because I had this under stock too, but does anyone else's freq's go back to default (ondemand 245/1024) on occasion using SetCPU? It's frustrating when I set it to OC then I check it 5 minutes later and it's back to default. Maybe I'll try nofrills and see if it acts any differently.
dumb question, but are u selecting set on boot?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones