1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

v1.1 up for testing ***Umph Kernelv1 Now With Oddball***

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by pwnyourace, Aug 22, 2011.

1. cubmoney

cubmoney Member

Wonder if something is off in the overclocking tables. Can you check pwnyourace? You did say the min set in the tables was 25MHz...so maybe something is wrong since 122 won't hold after lock. And none of the governors stick besides ondemand after lock...

2. streetpounder

streetpounder Well-Known Member

Well I`m at a loss. Nothing I have tried has worked.... there is something stopping it from booting for a handful of us... expecially since the ideos kernels will boot on mine.... what that is I do not know... and the ideos version is too buggy to use on mine

3. AtticTRON

AtticTRON Android Enthusiast

Same here. :(

4. cubmoney

cubmoney Member

@pwnyourace:
    Maybe you should PM Doomlord over at XDA-Developers to work things out since you two are working on similar devices. He can help you, and he said he would. Just an idea :)

5. pwnyourace

pwnyourace Well-Known Member

changed a few things in the config to hopefully fix the issue and make it boot on the few devices its not working with Umph-Kernelv1_test1.zip

AtticTRON likes this.
  6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Did you pay attention to this when you were using stock? Mine did the exact same thing with stock, I don't think it's this particular kernel.

7. AtticTRON

Wow! Thanks, It worked for me!

8. pwnyourace

sweet im glad to hear we got the booting issues on certain devices fixed, how about the cpu settings resetting?

9. punkmaxx

punkmaxx Android Enthusiast

Loving this new kernel, great work on getting the overclock working! Was running v11 before this and now i'm running a smooth 1.7ghz and loving it!

EDIT: 2439 on quadrant!!!

10. cubmoney

cubmoney Member

Of course it wouldn't hold on stock because the stock kernel doesn't support it. This kernel is suppose to have 25-1900 frequency, but is only allowing 245-1900, and only showing 122-1900. It WILL go to 122, but once you lock-unlock, it will go back to 245. So this is an issue within the kernel...I would assume.

11. cubmoney

cubmoney Member

Still same issues with CPU settings resetting. Boots fine.

12. pwnyourace

1.1 has set min/max freq enabled so maybe thatl fix that
    edit: nvm i guess not

13. AtticTRON

Ok so I got the Kernel to boot but I get a wifi error and I only got a quadrant score of about 1650.

14. cubmoney

cubmoney Member

umphv1 test 1 still has CPU issues. What I'm wondering is, why does it reset to 245 min on locking? Why do the governors always go to ondemand after locking?

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I'm pretty sure stock supported 122. I would sit on 122 for about 90% of the time on stock by setting a SetCPU profile for screen off with powersave governor. Unless my time in state stats were wrong... I don't claim to know the details of the kernel, but I do know what the app reported.

There seems to be something that happens when the phone wakes that reverts speeds and governors back to 245 and ondemand.

16. tickerguy

tickerguy Android Enthusiast

For those of you who have loaded this kernel - load Quciksettings and see if the Hotspot function will work.

IT MIGHT, since one of the dependencies for it to work are particular kernel functions having to do with NAT......

Nevermind - no dice, just tried it.

17. cubmoney

cubmoney Member

Yea, now that I think of it, I did set mine to 122 min on stock a few days ago to see if battery life would improve, lol. I believe when I did check, it reported to stay at 122 min. So something is funky...

18. cubmoney

cubmoney Member

Hmmm...just noticed wifi is erroring. Test 14 worked for me, so going back.

19. pwnyourace

Umph-Kernelv1.1_test1.zip give this a try for the wifi issue in 1.1 cuz its something in general and that was the ONLY thing i changed and honestly, i have absolutly no idea why its resetting to that, if anything it should reset to performance gov because thats the default gov in the config. ill ask around guys sorry im working on it

20. AtticTRON

Wifi works for me but i get constant reboots at stock speed.

21. streetpounder

streetpounder Well-Known Member

Yes thank you man definately some progress (when you easily could have shrugged us off. The wifi issue has reared its head againand the performance has taken a dive even at overclocked levels. No hurry I`m just thankful that it boots on mine now.

Edit: okay I`m a few posts late.. trying the latest now.

22. pwnyourace

post 219 theres a test that has wifi working, and alright if performance has dropped im gunna revert to the settings from v1 (cept what made it boot up on certain phones)

23. cubmoney

cubmoney Member

Wifi works. CPU still messed up. Widgets all say "problem loading widget"? Going back to test 14 to see if that's the problem...

24. pwnyourace

whenever i get that i just have to remove and put the widget back on

25. cubmoney

cubmoney Member

That's what I tried, but it just kept on loading the widget...I went back to test 14 and deleted/re-added and loaded fine. going back to newest test and I'll let you know. Maybe I didn't wait long enough...

EDIT:
    Widgets working on newest test. Guess I was impatient. HOWEVER, I just got a reboot!!! Hmm....

Motorola Triumph Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews