1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General V10 White vs Black Back Cover Coating

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lamoglinsgal, Feb 24, 2016.

1. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Android Expert
    None

Jun 23, 2010
    Virginia
    I have the V10 in white. My husband just got the black one. The back on mine is hard plastic with ridges, but pretty slick. Not rubbery at all. I'd watched a ton of reviews before getting it and saw that it had a rubberized coating. I just assumed people were referencing the bumpy texture. Once my husband got his, I immediately noticed a difference. His in fact does have a rubberized texture. Is this normal between the black and white versions? I'd be good going sans case if mine actually had some grip. :/

Advertisement

2. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
    IDK,I have yet to see a white V10 in the wild.
    Are you open to the idea of a black cover on your phone?
    The OEM LG V10 covers on AMAZON/e-Bay also have the wireless charging pad built-in,but,they're pricey:
    http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Origi...56367436&sr=8-4&keywords=lg+v10+battery+cover

I also got a 3rd party one,it's slippery,as yours is.If you go the 3rd party route,I'd suggest trying a "leather" one,shouldn't be as slippery,but,the 3rd party wireless charging pads built-in to the cover don't tend to last very long.
    NFC functionality will still work though..............(available in white)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LG-V10-Batt...hash=item1c61bd2a98:m:mIyP0dvqNnrsY_EHu3I5HtQ

I couldn't find the regular OEM Battery cover in any color anywhere,I'd call LG & see if they'll send you a black battery cover,if you're OK with mixing/matching of the colors (let 'em know you're not happy with the slipperiness & I bet they'll send ya one free of charge).
    Also try your service provider,if that is where you got the phone..................

3. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2015
    Female
    I have the Luxe White and it is like a rubberize feel. Verizons - they call it Thermoplastic Silicon. Not slippery at all.

4. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2015
    Female
    Hope this shows, it has the bumps and also the lines. maxresdefault.jpg

KOLIO likes this.
  5. lamoglinsgal

None

Jun 23, 2010
    Virginia
    Thanks to both of you.

Mine has the bumps and lines, but is slick with no rubberized coating. My husband's black one is like a soft touch rubber. Totally different. Like, in can take a nail and push in on his where mine is just hard plastic. Maybe I'll give Big Red a call. Mine is Verizon as well.

6. psf57

psf57 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 9, 2015
    Female
    That's weird. Did you just get yours? I got mine beginning of November 2015. Wonder if they changed the way the backs were made? hmmm

7. lamoglinsgal

None

Jun 23, 2010
    Virginia
    I just got it a few days ago. I actually just went to the store and the white one they have on display is just like mine. LG must've changed how they do the white ones. :( Ah, well. Case it is. Verizon was nice enough to offer to exchange it for a black one...with a restocking fee. LOL! How 'bout no! I wish there was more case love for the V10. Even now it's still underrated. Having been on the Apple Samsung train before, I have zero regrets. This is hands down the best smartphone I've owned, slick back and all. :D

LG V10

The LG V10 is a unique phone launched October 1st 2015. It has a secondary ticker display for showing notifications, information, and battery life. It also has dual front-facing cameras to take selfie shots at different angles.
Tags: