• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root V6 SuperCharger

p-bOt

Android Expert
Jul 18, 2011
I was browsing around on the ascend forum trying to help my bro with his and i found this script over there. xda-developers - View Single Post - [Script][U9 RC4!] ALL WHEEL DRIVE -=V6 SuperCharger=- FIX RAM & Launchers, 3G & KAK!

i decided to apply it to my optimus and see what would happen and I actually noticed a very nice increase in responsiveness...makes my optimus veeeerrrryyyy smooth :)

try it out.

also found this on the Esteem forum for a performance boost. Even smoother :)

http://androidforums.com/esteem-all-things-root/444090-tested-build-prop-edits.html

...should have put this in the all-things-root forum..oooppps

I used this script on my girls phone to try to get it to run smoother. I choose setting 6 which was recommended in the xda forums for her phone and every time she reboot the phone it lost all her settings and google account and contacts.. Had to remove it. Just my experience. It does work well for some people.

Upvote 0
....well im very sorry to those of you who this is not working for :( i wish i would have known it would be so sketchy before i posted this thread. My apologies all around...i figured that since it was working so well on mine it would work for anyone...:(

the build prop edits, however, will not mess up your phone and i know that for a fact. They produce almost the same effect as far as smoothness goes so you can still try those out. I know that editing build props is a little intimiating for some people so if you have any questions or need help at all you can pm me and i will be more than happy to help you.

Upvote 0
haha ok well let me know how it goes. As far as quadrant or antutu scores i never saw a diffrence actually. The only diffrence is what the eye can see as far as i know.

I tried playing around with it. Im updating the whole phone right now. Changing some build.prop lines to make it run faster, trying to get stronger signal, and seeing performance increase. As far as I know, i got 250mb out of the 300mb+ ram running. Its clocked @729. So ehhhh no reboot yet. Its really quick,an app opens in like a split second. The launcher has a lot of widgets yet they seem to not affect the launcher. So right now I can't really see what the difference is. All I know is that right now on Quadrant, I went from 926 on normal with running apps and everything to a nice 1126 after the script. Now without anything running normally it was 1047. After the script it was 1574 :DD I'm really liking this lol.

Upvote 0
holy hell thats huge! what are you changing in the build prop? i have changed alot of things in my build prop too but i never got that high? do you have stagefright enabled? Because if you do then that can cause false results in the quadrant score because of the nature of the test.

Upvote 0
holy hell thats huge! what are you changing in the build prop? i have changed alot of things in my build prop too but i never got that high? do you have stagefright enabled? Because if you do then that can cause false results in the quadrant score because of the nature of the test.

No stagefright, I get better scores when nothing is running besides the android system and quadrant. I go to airplane mode, it boosts it more.

Upvote 0
increase 3G speed? where i can i find this?

You go to build.prop find the text lines saying ro.ril.hsxpa=(whatever number) and change it to 2. Then to the ro.ril.gprs one change w.e number is there to a 12 as well. And it should help get better speeds after you reboot your phone a couple of times. It was on the thread for 3023 Prl. I've been going from 0.9 to 1.2mbs :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones