1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

V6 with AOSP....

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaRayvn, Aug 30, 2011.

1. DaRayvn

DaRayvn Android Enthusiast

i usually run option 8 with the sense Roms, but havent ran it yet with AOSP....8 still a good choice or does anyone run a different option?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

I'm on cm7 and I picked 8. Works great. I'd give it a thumbs up and a personal "Huzzzzaaa!"

3. hove131

hove131 Well-Known Member

I run the agressive #2 with Cm7 and it ran very smooth for Cm7.

4. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

I don't know if this was a fluke or what. i flashed the 'Merged' rom, and it came right up.

I ran the v6 script and when I rebooted it, it stuck at the white '4G' screen. i let it sit a while then pulled the battery and tried again. No go.

I did the '2 finger salute', flashed cache and d-cache, and it came up.

I didn't expect to have that sort of problem as I had wiped it vigorously before flashing rom and it had come up fine originally.

Regarding the Merged rom, not sure what i think of it. I don't really see the "aosp" of it.

Going to give it a shot though. One thing, on it, the 720 vidcam function works properly, which I don't need anyway, but fyi... I think the hdmi thing is supposed to work too but I don't have a cable to test it out.

5. tribesun75

tribesun75 Newbie

Running exact same setup. Haven't experienced any problems so far. Won't stick on reboot though for me. Have to re-run V6 every reboot. Quadrant showing a score of 1528 @ 1190Mhz. Fairly new to this so sorry if not much help.

6. DaRayvn

if you have to re-run it everytime then you didnt complete the whole process....im assuming you followed the guide on XDA??

7. tribesun75

tribesun75 Newbie

Yes I did follow the instructions (to best of knowledge.) Being so new to this I try to read and re-read all instructions. I did notice during scroll that if it doesn't stick they say to check out help file on sd. I haven't had time to delve further though.

8. DaRayvn

i've heard a bunch of people say the guide on XDA is kind of confusing so i made this....hopefully it will help some people out....

INSTALLING V6 SUPERCHARGER SCRIPT.docx

tribesun75 likes this.
  9. dustwun77

dustwun77 Endeavor to Persevere :)

let us know what you find, please, not sure if mine is sticking either. the script thing has a widget you can put on screen to run it quickly though, if that is any help to you get it figured out.

10. tribesun75

tribesun75 Newbie

Yes, I actually did put shortcut on homescreen just to make it easier to reload until I could look into help file. And thanks for link to guide also.

11. DaRayvn

ur welcome

12. MizzouBrent

MizzouBrent Android Expert

I haven't tried the V6 yet on AOSP. It's so smooth and fast without it that I've never really felt the need. I have a hard time telling if it makes my phone any faster on Sense, but Sense is definitely not as quick as AOSP.

13. DaRayvn

I can tell on mine...its very subtle but i can see the difference...

14. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

I noticed it on the lockscreen. Coming from lockscreen/screen off to home screen can lag a bit. It is far less often now with the supercharger. I'll notice it sometimes, but usually it is just fast.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews