• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Valentines Day

El Presidente

Beware The Milky Pirate!
Jan 3, 2011
Scotland
Do those of you with significant others still get each other valentines gifts/make a big deal of it?

I'll probably get Mrs Presidente a card, but I've told her not to bother getting me one.

I'll get a couple of steaks and we'll have a big dinner (but we usually do that if I'm not working on a Friday night anyway), but that's about it.

I don't really recall making a massive deal out of it since my early twenties.

For the first time in over a decade together, the missus has actually arrange to take me somewhere to eat. Don't know where except that it's her boss's (a major foodie) favourite London resto :thumb:

Looking forward to that!

All I have to do is to remember to get the card, flowers, chocolates etc :flowers:

She's actually away on business tonight so for once, I don't have to sneak down after she goes to sleep to put everything out ready for when she gets up in the morning :D

Upvote 0
we usually don't really give gifts to each other..Our anniversary is two weeks prior...not that we give each other gifts for that either:) Just usually go out..have fun..act immature:rolleyes: He did give me a box of K-cups Jamaican Blue Mountain this morning..:)
(We got Married in Jamaica on the beach)
with just our parents there...we stayed longer for our Honeymoon then came back and had our fun party reception with friends and extended family the day before Valentines Day..I should post our wedding picture...It's beautiful...my favorite is the black and white one....oh..yeah

I get the kids a box of chocolates..:)

I get him...something...else;)

on a side note... I talk to much:rolleyes: I manage to even talk to much on this forum!:eek: now THAT takes talent!:eek::rolleyes::)
~sorry

Upvote 0
Huh and Hubby Huh :p
1392406780512.jpg

Upvote 0
yup...he's at taco bell drive thru right now...it IS Valentines day after all:)

Maybe he'll get you some extra mild sauce since it's V day :p

We don't really do anything special for Valentine's Day. The wife & I agree that if you need 1 day to make each other feel special, well then you/we probably aren't doing enough the other 364 days a year.

Reactions: El Presidente
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones