• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Value of Ally with bad proximity sensor

db2u

Jul 28, 2011
Dont know if this type of question is prohibited so sorry if it is.
I am not selling my phone yet but might be eventually. I paid 90 bucks for it a while back in great shape with card and chargers. I bought a nice otterbox case, it has a screen protector etc... but now the proximity and light sensor is broken. How much does this knock the resale value off of a phone in otherwise great condition?

Mine has the exact same problem. I'm not too worried about it now because I've upgraded to a different phone. I will keep up with the Ally community for a bit because my wife still has her own Ally as well. I think her phone is in mint condition even though she has dropped it at least a half a dozen times. I'm offering my phone for cheap to any developer who might need it for whatever reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones