1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vanigation GPS

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by SunMad30, Feb 3, 2016.

1. SunMad30

SunMad30 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Is there an app that works offline as a map for navigation that includes POI like places, shops worldwide? Thanks. :p

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I use CoPilot for offline navigation. It has POI in its offline data.

codesplice and AZgl1500 like this.
  3. saltire

saltire Android Expert

Yep there's a few - best I've found are paid apps though. I use Sygic myself. Plus there's TomTom, Navigon (Garmin) as well.

4. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I can't say enough good things about CoPilot USA.
    If you have an extSDcard you should just download the entire USA maps all at once....
    just make sure to use Settings before you do any downloading though, you must make it default to save all files to the extSDcard or it will fill up the phone's internal memory fast.

Also, make damn sure you are using WiFi before you download anything, depending on what region you select, you might be downloading a 2.6 gB file.

* CoPilot GPS - Plan & explore! - Android Apps on Google Play

The Voice Directions feature is a paid upgrade one time fee of $9.99 which is lifetime, includes all upgrades to the product. the guy is great about emailing you back if you ask him a question. I had a little problem once, when I moved to a new phone and forgot how I registered the product, he told me how to fix that, and the same license fee carried over to my new phone as it was still on the same phone number.

The POIs in that thing are excellent, and the speed at which it can find things? oh my gawd, is it ever fast.... no need to wait for the internet to search for what is around you.

codesplice and Unforgiven like this.
  5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Rerouting speed is excellant too, near immediate, where Google Maps takes a while. That is probably because it does the recalc in the cloud. You can run CoPilot in airplane mode. Also, while @AZgl1500 and I use the USA version, there are versions available for other regions. Also, US comes with Canada maps as well.

AZgl1500 likes this.
  6. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

yes, to keep my post as short as possible, I glossed over most of its' neat features. I tend to get very verbose and can make a one line post into 20 paragraphs :eek:

You really need to sit down and crawl thru every single option that it offers. It will take you a few days to get used to what all it can actually do. some of those things you won't even discover until you are using it on the road.

One of my favorite features? You can set up multiple Advance Turn notices... I ride motorcycles on rural country roads, and farmers always tend to just drive their tractors and hay wagons across in front of your path at the most inopportune times.... and in the really hilly areas around me, there is a crossing county road at the bottom of the next hill reducing my chance of seeing that hay wagon to about 10 seconds... :eek:

Those advance notices 2 miles ahead of the next turn? that tells me a Road Crossing is right in front of me.

I set up the advance notices to include 2 miles, 1 mile, and then several more at shorter distances... in rural settings you can be at 150 yards from a dangerous intersection and it be totally invisible.... I need to slow down because a motorcycle always looses in a fight. o_O

7. steiny180

steiny180 Android Enthusiast

Try MapFactor Navigator at the play $tore ...

8. SunMad30

SunMad30 Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, Appreciate it! :D