• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vanilla MMS ported for non-rooted

adrenalinerush12

Nov 27, 2009
I have finally figured out how to get the Vanilla MMS app ported for us 2.1 leakers that can't root. Thanks to jonasl over at XDA for helping me figure this out. Took some time.

Problems that I have with it:
-Every time someone sends you a message, it sends 2. It only notifies you of one, but two show in the thread. I'm trying to fix it.

That's it so far, let me know of any you come across and I'll see what I can do.

Screens:
mms1.png

mms2.png

Download: Mmz.apk

Please DONATE if you love this.

I can't find where the problem lies. I think the reason is, since this is a STOCK messaging app, it's got same code as the stock HTC messaging app. Therefore, it getting messages from HTC's and this one, even though notifications for the HTC one are turned off. I just can't seem to find how to change that unless you're rooted..

Upvote 0
You have to go turn notifications off on your other MMS/SMS programs. I had to disable notifications in Handcent and Messaging. The app works great! Love it! Thanks!

I know that you have to turn the notifications off, but that's not the problem we're having. We're getting ONE notification but TWO messages appear in the thread.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones