1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vanishing apps?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ALES, Oct 17, 2011.

1. ALES

ALES Newbie

I have noticed that over the last month or so I have random apps vanishing. On my homscreen the icon is replaced with a green/white android icon and when clicked it says 'The application is not installed'. I then have to reinstall.

My g/f has had same thing happen on her Galaxy S.

Any thoughts? I thought it may be to do with the new buggy Market but her's did it before the Market upgrade. We are both running Go Launcher though so that may be it?

Advertisement

2. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

This has occured to me with applications that have been moved to the SD card ie. the real external one not the internal phone \sdcard\. Every time the phone was turned off then on again the app used to disappear! After process of elimination I found my microSD card was faulty, but only just enough to have some perculiar behaviour once in a while. I replaced the microSD and everything has been fine since. Are these apps you mentioned been moved to the SD card (settings, applications, manage applications, all, tap the app, then "move to SD Card" on the following screen?

3. ALES

ALES Newbie

Nice idea but unfortunately not - all apps are left in their default folders