1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

vCalendar in 2.1!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by DaWeav, May 23, 2010.

1. DaWeav

DaWeav Android Enthusiast

OK, when creating a new calendar event in the new 2.1 calendar, there is a field labeled 'Guests'. It's a good read on page 51 in the new 2.1 manual.

I have my Gmail Calendar set to (Yes, but don't send event reminders unless I have responded "Yes" or "Maybe"). So, I sent a calendar meeting request from my Outlook ISP email account to my Hero's Gmail account, and it automatically added the calendar event. When I opened the event in the Hero calendar, I had the option to accept by changing the 'attending' option and it automatically sent the response back to the originator which was received by my Outlook ISP email and showed a response as 'accepted' in the calendar event. COOL! :D

BTW, I also did this the other way around by creating the calendar event on the Hero and adding the Outlook ISP email account and it worked as well.

Also, when I long-pressed any calendar event, I had an option to 'Share vCalendar'. ;)

Seems like vCalendar is working on the HTC Calendar app.

BTW, I also noticed you can now 'swipe' from day to day on the daily agenda view.

Now to find more easter eggs in the new manual...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

HTC Hero Forum

The HTC Hero release date was July 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 288GB RAM, MSM7200A processor, and 1350mAh battery.

July 2009
Release Date
Reviews