1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Vector Defense

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by treplogle, Feb 9, 2011.

1. treplogle

treplogle Lurker

I have recently published my first Android game to the Market. It's called Vector Defense. It is a tower defense game that uses hex-based maps. You can see screenshots and read more about it at the Android Market.

There is a free Lite version you can download to try it out as well.

[​IMG]

disastar likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. disastar

disastar Well-Known Member

Looks interesting!

3. Chroma

Chroma Android Enthusiast

i tried the lite version on my samsung galaxy tab. Buttons appeared underneath other buttons, so I'm unable to actually set down any units, because the game thinks I want to select the button underneath it. Also areas of the map are un-selectable.

I think all these problems are related to resizing/moving UI elements for larger
    devices.

At least the game started up in full screen, if it didn't, I'd have automatically uninstalled it.

4. J Engine Team

J Engine Team Lurker

I tried to play it last night. It looks great. However, it hanged when I played in level 10. Please check it.

--
    Thanks,
    Kevin

5. saps

saps Extreme Android User

Might give this test drive and support you ;)

6. treplogle

treplogle Lurker

Thank you everyone for trying my game out.

@Chroma
    Thank you for letting me know about the issues with larger screens. I will look into this immediately. Tablets are going to become increasingly more common, and I would very definitely like those users to have a smooth play experience as well.

@J Engine Team
    Thank you for letting me know about this error. I haven't been able to produce any crashes on any of my test hardware or in the emulator. Could you let me know what phone you're using and what version of Android it's running? That would be very helpful.

7. J Engine Team

J Engine Team Lurker