• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Vehicle Diary (Fuel Tracker and much more)

I've released the initial cut of my very first Android application Vehicle Diary to Android Market. I hope Vehicle Diary will help you track the Stats of your vehicle. :)

Description:-

Log fuel entries, maintenance and expenses of any kind of vehicle. Be it a bike, car, bus or truck; track fuel economy, fuel consumption, average cost per distance, net maintenance cost per distance/day and expenses of the vehicle and know exactly how much the vehicle costs.

--> Supports multiple vehicles (PRO)

--> Any kind of distance/fuel/money measurement unit defined vehicle by vehicle basis

--> measure fuel economy/consumption either by 'Full Tank Method' or by 'Reserve Tank Method'

--> Fuel Predictor
predicts Full Tank Mileage, Reserve Tank Mileage and the quantity of fuel that is currently available in the fuel tank based on the historical data (Screenshot 6)

--> Trip Calculator
estimates the required fuel quantity and required fuel cost for a particular trip based on the historical data

--> Maintenance Log
Time and Distance based maintenance tracking (Screenshot 7)

--> Cost Management
log maintenance cost, toll road charges, parking fees and any other kind of expenses

* Measurement Units *
Vehicle Diary supports multiple vehicles and it allows users to define any kind of distance/fuel/money measurement units per vehicle. If the built-in distance/fuel/money measurement units do not match the requirements, create custom distance/fuel/money measurement units and define the accuracy (No. of Fraction Digits) for the created measurement unit. (Screenshot 8)

* Fuel Tracker *
The application calculates the fuel economy/consumption of a vehicle either by 'Full Tank Method' or by 'Reserve Tank Method'. (Screenshot 2) If your vehicle has a Reserve Tank Indicator; Reserve Tank Method is recommended.

@Full Tank Method@
This method asks user to enter the two kinds of entries; Partial Tank fuel entry and Full Tank fuel entry. The fuel economy/consumption is calculated at every Full Tank fuel entry (except the very first Full Tank fuel entry). In order to calculate accurate fuel economy/consumption the application needs two Full Tank fuel entries. Therefore, the very first fuel economy/consumption is calculated on second Full Tank fuel entry and the subsequent fuel economy/consumption values are calculated on every Full Tank fuel entry.

@Reserve Tank Method@
This method asks user to enter the two kinds of entries; Partial Tank fuel entry and Reserve Tank odometer entry. The fuel economy/consumption is calculated at every Reserve Tank odometer entry (except the very first Reserve Tank odometer entry). In order to calculate accurate fuel economy/consumption the application needs two Reserve Tank odometer entries. Therefore, the very first fuel economy/consumption is calculated on second Reserve Tank odometer entry and the subsequent fuel economy/consumption values are calculated on every Reserve Tank odometer entry.

As generally all bikes have a Reserve Tank Indicator, the Reserve Tank Method is very useful to calculate the fuel economy/consumption of a bike.

Besides fuel economy/consumption, the application also calculates other Fuel Statistics like maximum/average/minimum values of Fuel Quantity, Fuel Price, Fuel Cost and Cost per Distance Unit. The application also provides a time-based search interface to filter the Fuel Entry records and generates the Fuel Statistics for the selected time-period. (Screenshot 4&5)

*UI Guidelines*
Please read the UI guidelines before you actual start using the application.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B9dQWaoUH9AhNWJiMDJjZDgtNzQxOC00ZWE3LWFjYmEtZjdjNmJiNDlmNWM1

* FREE Version *
- Supports Only 1 Vehicle
- Advertise (Internet Permission)

* PRO Version *
- Supports Multiple Vehicles
- No Advertise (No Internet Permission)

NOTE:- The PRO version of the application is yet to be launched!!! An easy interface will be provided to migrate the data from FREE version to PRO version.

(as this is my very first Android application) I need some reviews/suggestions to proceed further. :thinking:

Write back if you have any queries.

(I'm new to androidforums.com I hope I have started this thread under correct section. :rolleyes:)

- SE

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Lonely Android
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]============[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You are at school, college or work and you forgot your Android device at home? No problem! This application will send SMS and Call notifications from your Android device to your mailbox.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Features[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]- turn Lonely Mode on/off by pressing the Lonely Mode toggle button[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]- turn Lonely Mode on/off remotely by sending SMS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]- receive incoming and outgoing SMS notifications via email[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]- receive incoming and outgoing call notifications via email[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]- password protection[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]One day I did not come office with my Android device, I left it at home. I was worried all day about important incoming and outgoing SMS and calls because I had no way of knowing about these important SMS and calls. So I created an Android application, named Lonely Android, that sends me notification about incoming and outgoing SMS and calls.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The application Lonely Android is password protected. When the application starts for the very first time it asks you to set the Lonely Key. See screenshot 1. Enter any alpha-numeric key and hit the Set Lonely Key button, this key will be set as your password. The application asks you to enter the Lonely Key every time you open the application. See screenshot 2.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The application has two states[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1. Lonely Mode is ON[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2. Lonely Mode is OFF[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]You can enable the Lonely Mode by sending following SMS to the Android device[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]lonely=on[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The Lonely Mode can be disabled by sending following SMS[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]lonely=off[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]The Lonely Mode can also be enabled/disabled manually by pressing the Lonely Mode toggle button. See screenshot 3 and 4.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]When you turn on the Lonely Mode, the application starts sending emails when somebody sends you SMS or somebody sends SMS from your Android device The application also sends emails when somebody calls you or somebody calls from your Android device.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]There are two types of SMS notifications:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1. Incoming Text Message[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2. Outgoing Text Message[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]And there are four types of call notifications:[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1. Dialed Call[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2. Received Call[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]3. Rejected Call[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]4. Missed Call[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]NOTES: [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] 1. The Incoming Calls are divided into three categories:- Received Calls, Rejected Calls and Missed Calls.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] 2. The Outgoing Calls are termed as Dialed Calls.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] 3. Ice Cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean users will receive an additional email listing all Unread Calls when they turn on the Lonely Mode.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]To receive such emails you need to set up Gmail account for outgoing email and destination email to receive the SMS and call notifications. See screenshot 3.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]From[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Gmail Email Address: Any valid Gmail account[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Password: The password of the Gmail account[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]To[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] Email Address: The email address to which you would like to receive notification about SMS and calls[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]NOTES: [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] 1. The application sends emails if you have entered correct Gmail Email Address, Password and Email Address and there is an internet connection.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif] 2. The "From - Gmail Email Address" and "To

Upvote 0
Only for Android Developers!!!

Accelerate your Android development with Android Development Tools.

1. various Device Info like System Properties, Settings, Build, Screen etc.
2. Package Details (Intent to open detail screen where you can Clear Data, Clear Cash, Uninstall the application etc.)
3. Google Play Current Device Distribution
4. Google Play Historical Device Distribution (by Version, Codename and API Level)
5. Google Play Historical Device Distribution Chartshttps://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.becomputer06.adt

Upvote 0
Indian Festivals Calendar 2013

The application contains list of all major Indian Festivals which come in the year 2013.

Features:
1. many kinds of festivals (Hindu, Islamic, Sikh etc.)
2. powerful date based search interface
3. daily festival notification

The application contains following kinds of festivals (or days):-
1. Hindu Festivals
2. National Days
3. World Days
4. Tamil Festivals
5. Malayalam Festivals
6. Christian Festivals
7. Parsi Festivals
8. Sindhi Festivals
9. Sikh Festivals
10. Islamic Festivals

The application contains around 180+ festivals and days. More festivals and days will be added soon!

If you do not find any of your favorite festivals or days in the list, please mail me the festival or day names to BEcomputer06@gmail.com; I will add them in the next version.

Upvote 0
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.becomputer06.vehicle.diary

This is brand new edition of Vehicle Diary application. The very old edition of the Vehicle Diary application is located at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.becomputer06.vehicle.diary.free

Log fill-ups of any kind of vehicle and track fuel economy, fuel consumption and fuel cost per distance of any kind of vehicle and know exactly how much the vehicle costs.

--> Supports multiple vehicles

--> Any kind of distance, fuel and money measurement unit defined on vehicle by vehicle basis

--> measure fuel economy and fuel consumption either by 'Full Tank Method' or by 'Reserve Tank Method'

--> Fuel Predictor that predicts Full Tank Mileage, Reserve Tank Mileage and the Quantity of the Fuel that is currently available in the fuel tank

--> Trip Calculator which estimates the Required Fuel Quantity and Required Fuel Cost for a particular trip

--> Backup/Restore
- manual Backup
- data can be recovered by using the created Restore Points

* Measurement Units *
Vehicle Diary supports multiple vehicles and it allows users to define any kind of distance, fuel and money measurement units. If the built-in distance, fuel and money measurement units do not meet the requirements, create any custom distance, fuel or money measurement units and define the accuracy (No. of Fraction Digits) for the created measurement unit.

* Fuel Tracker *
The application calculates the Fuel Economy and Fuel Consumption of a vehicle either by 'Full Tank Method' or by 'Reserve Tank Method'.

### Full Tank Method ###
This method asks user to enter two kinds of fill-ups; Partial Tank fill-up and Full Tank fill-up. The fuel economy is calculated on every Full Tank fill-up (except the first Full Tank fill-up). In order to calculate accurate fuel economy the application needs two Full Tank fill-up. Therefore, the very first fuel economy is calculated on second Full Tank fill-up and the subsequent fuel economy values are calculated on every Full Tank fill-up.

### Reserve Tank Method ###
This method asks user to enter two kinds of entries; Partial Tank fill-up entry and Reserve Tank odometer entry. The fuel economy is calculated on every Reserve Tank odometer entry (except the first Reserve Tank odometer entry). In order to calculate accurate fuel economy the application needs two Reserve Tank odometer entries. Therefore, the very first fuel economy is calculated on second Reserve Tank odometer entry and the subsequent fuel economy values are calculated on every Reserve Tank odometer entry.

@==@ As generally all bikes have a Reserve Tank Indicator, the Reserve Tank Method is very useful to calculate the fuel economy of a bike. @==@

Besides fuel economy/consumption, the application also calculates other useful fuel statistics like Fuel Cost per Distance, Fuel Cost per Day, Travelled Distance per Day, Brunt Fuel Quantity per Day.

The application also provides a time-based search interface to filter the fill-up records and it generates the fuel statistics for the selected time-period.

Upvote 0
I have updated the Lonely Android application.

Now it contains more features and it sends more kinds of email notifications.

Lonely Android is nothing but an extended version of "Email Missed Call" kinds of Android applications.

@@@ If you can install and setup Lonely Android on someone's Android device, you can track his/her private SMS and Calls!!! @@@

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.becomputer06.lonely.android.free

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones